Welcome new readers!
The "New to the blog? Start here" page will give you an overview of the blog and point you to some posts you might be interested in. You can also subscribe to receive future posts via RSS, Facebook or Twitter using the links on the right-hand side of the page, or via email by entering your address in the box. Thanks for reading!
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
A MOOC on "An Introduction to Evidence-Based Undergraduate STEM Teaching" is starting next week which, the title notwithstanding, should be a great opportunity for instructors in ALL disciplines to learn more about effective pedagogies. To make participation even more useful for us economists, Scott Simkins is investigating forming a learning community of economists who could meet online weekly to discuss each week's topics, as well as discuss asynchronously. If you are interested in joining the group, go enroll in the course and then fill out the form here to indicate your availability for the weekly meetings (note that this isn't committing you to anything in stone at this point but if you think you might be interested, it would help Scott a lot to know). Hope to see you online!
at 12:17 PM
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Here are the links I've posted on the Facebook page this past week:
- An introduction to evidence-based undergraduate STEM teaching - MOOC starting Sept 28
- I knew I was becoming a good teacher when... - How was class today?
- The 8-minute lecture keeps students engaged - great approach to active learning, especially if you're reluctant to give up lecturing entirely
- Crossing Boundaries: Transforming STEM education
- The one-minute preceptor applied to a variety of situations
at 9:21 AM