- The First Day of Class: A Once-a-Semester Opportunity
- In search of a drought strategy, California looks down under - NPR story that discusses the water version of cap and trade
- From the Archives: Getting ready for the new semester - great collection of posts from ProfHacker
- Making the most of the syllabus - how do you get students to read the syllabus?
- Professor offers best advice for college freshman - share with your students!
- What fitness bands can teach us about classroom assessment
- The Learning Curve: Dropping knowledge on dropout rates - if you teach quantitative literacy, education policy provides a ton of good examples
- Do student evaluations of teaching really get an "F"? - an important response to the media hype about SETs
- Everything you ever wanted to know about peer instruction, Part 2 - great overview!
- Fostering an active online discussion
- The flipped classroom FAQ - another great overview
- College is not a commodity. Stop treating it like one.
- This Day in Economic History - great site for econ trivia
Welcome new readers!
The "New to the blog? Start here" page will give you an overview of the blog and point you to some posts you might be interested in. You can also subscribe to receive future posts via RSS, Facebook or Twitter using the links on the right-hand side of the page, or via email by entering your address in the box. Thanks for reading!
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Summer link round-up
I've posted several links over the last couple months on the blog's Facebook and Twitter feeds - for those who do not follow the blog through those feeds, here's a round-up of those links: